|Hours||10AM to 8PM|
|Function||Home redesigning and expansion|
|Inhabitants||Tom Nook and Lyle|
Tom Nook and Lyle both are in the store, however, both have different functions.
Tom Nook helps the player with customizing their home. This includes changing the exterior of their home, along with adding and expanding rooms.
Lyle runs the Happy Home Academy, which is unlocked after paying off the first debt to Tom Nook. He gives the HHA Rating changes every day after 6AM.
Happy Home Academy
Lyle will give the player their HHA rating, and how to improve it. The score is calculated as follows:
Having all 11 pieces of furniture but not the matching wallpaper or carpet will give 20,000 Points. Having all 11 pieces of furniture but the matching wallpaper or carpet (not both) will give 25,000 Points. Having all 11 pieces of furniture, the matching wallpaper and carpet will give 30,000 Points.
- HRA T-Shirt: 10,000 Points
- Academy Flag: 20,000 Points
- HRA Jacket: 30,000 Points
- Silver Plaque: 50,000 Points
- Gold Plaque: 70,000 Points
- Silver Trophy: 90,000 Points
- Gold Trophy: 100,000 Points
- Gold House Model and access to exterior theme challenges: 150,000
- Golden Roof: 300,000 Points
- Golden Wall: 500,000 Points
- Golden Door: 700,000 Points
- Golden Fence: 900,000 Points
- Golden Mailpost: 1,100,000 Points
A furniture set is comprised of related furniture without a wallpaper or carpet. 1,000 points is given for each set in a single room.
The basic necessities of life are a chair, drawers, a dresser, a table, and a bed. If you have all five of these, you receive 2,500 points. Having them all from the same series gives 5,000 points.
Some items give extra points throughout the year. Each is worth 7,777 points.
- The New Year Hat gives the points all year long.
- Birthday items give points on your birthday.
- Villager pictures give bonus points if the animal lives in town still.
- Fish and bugs should be displayed when they can be caught.
- Heart Chocolates and feathers should be displayed in February.
- Blanca's Picture should be displayed in April.
- Pink Carnations should be displayed in May.
- Red Carnations should be shown off in June.
- Fireworks should be shown off in August.
- Halloween masks should be put out in October.
- Elegant and Rare mushrooms should be displayed in November.
- The Santa Claus outfit gives bonus points in December.
These categories are musical instruments, plants, art, models, and dolls. Having at least three items gives 200 points per item.
Following the laws of Feng Shui will give 300 HHA points for each item of proper color in the correct area.
If the room has at least 8 pieces of furniture, and 70% are the same color, 300 points per item are given. If the room has at least 8 pieces of furniture, and 90% are the same color, 600 points per item are given.
If the room has at least 8 pieces of furniture, and 70% are the same theme, 300 points per item are given. If the room has at least 8 pieces of furniture, and 90% are the same theme, 600 points per item are given.
It is possible to lose one point per item, if an item that can be on a table is on the floor. If an item cannot be used, 100 points are lose per item.
After unlocking all rooms in your house, Lyle will give out theme challenges. These judge the exterior of your house along with the interior. Completing these gives golden house pieces.
The base hours of the store are from 10AM to 8PM. This can be extended to opening at 7AM if the Early Bird Town Ordinance is enacted. It can be extended to closing at 12AM if the Night Owl Town Ordinance is enacted.