All users are expected to adhere to the policies of the Animal Crossing New Leaf Wiki while editing on the Animal Crossing New Leaf Wiki. If you disagree with any policy, feel free to discuss changes on the forum.
Policies have wide acceptance among editors and describe standards that all users should normally follow. All policy pages can be found at Category:Policies.
- Democracy – Democracy is the fundamental process of the wiki's decision-making.
- Ownership - Users do not own the pages and files they edit.
- Protection - Pages should remain fully editable.
- Animal Crossing New Leaf Wiki is not... - The Animal Crossing New Leaf Wiki is a separate entity from a few things.
- Use common sense - Use common sense when editing.
- Images - Wiki's image policy
- Neutrality - Wiki's neutrality policy
- Non-Existent Policy - Pages may be created for things that do not exist, however, valid proof must be provided for their existence.
- Users don't deserve articles - This wiki is about Animal Crossing, not people.
- Assume good faith - Assume good faith in editing, and assume that an edit was done to improve the wiki, unless evidence is shown for the contrary.
- Don't delete discussion - Don't delete discussions on talk pages.
- Don't edit userpages. - Under normal circumstances, don't edit other people's userpages.
- Don't feed the trolls - Do not antagonize trolls. It may worsen the situation.
The Animal Crossing New Leaf Wiki uses a three-strike policy for rule-breakers. If someone breaks a rule three times, they will be banned. The length of the ban is determined by the severity of the rules broken.